Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Utilize strategic sourcing process to scope, identify, negotiate and implement, install and commission Stamping Capital Equipment.
- Engage and support other functional groups on scope and RFQ development, contract negotiation, cost reduction and installation.
- Provide in-depth analysis of total spend data to identify opportunities for short-term improvements and strategic initiatives
- Recommend solutions to business problems and/or identify opportunities for improvement, and present ideas to senior leadership
- Program manage the rollout of selected technologies and systems to internal and external stakeholders
- Engage with and support manufacturing leadership in identification of technologies and suppliers for fabrication of Rivian’s Normal, IL manufacturing facility
- Oversee RFI/RFQ/RFP and strategic sourcing process for all stamping capital equipment across all Rivian facilities (as applicable)
- Drive success through empowering your team, leading by example and removing roadblocks
- Communicate clearly to internal and external stakeholders, remaining composed under pressure while adapting to a dynamic work environment
- Support business planning initiatives and milestone attainment
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers, acting as the lead for all commercial issues
this is what you’ll need:
- Bachelors Degree or 10+ years of relevant work experience
- 7-10 years’ experience in Press Room/ Stamping/Automation Equipment, sourcing, contract negotiation and supplier management
- Demonstrated success in performing spend analysis while managing the entire RFI/RFQ/RFP process
- Experience in leading and managing sourcing projects that support cross-functional internal organizations
- Experience in building high performing strategic teams and developing talent into leadership positions
- Demonstrated ability to identify process issues and drive improvements that improve operational efficiency
- Knowledge and experience with stamping dies and automation is a plus
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Program management skills in order to track and report on project open issues and status
- High level of integrity
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.