Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Cybersecurity Technical Program Manager (TPM) will provide technical expertise in various security domains to assist in prioritizing, managing and implementation of technical projects. In the role, you'll plan requirements, identify risks, manage schedules, communicate with stakeholders, and assist with technical design/configuration/testing. Candidate will work closely with the Cybersecurity Operations teams to find solutions for identified problems, manage projects to closure based on priority, and assist with technical design/configurations.
- Work with cybersecurity teams to identify and review relevant vendors to meet various cybersecurity problems
- Provide hands-on technical program management across full project lifecycle - analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post-implementation.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery of cybersecurity projects partnering with multiple stakeholders
- Track key operational metrics and milestones to monitor project progress and where to focus resources and efforts to meet timelines
- Manage cybersecurity program roadmap to assist various cybersecurity teams in planning and executing initiatives on time
- Minimum of 5 years of cybersecurity experience, focus on:
- technical design, engineering of cybersecurity tools in various domains
- managing complex technical implementation
- Experience with design, implementation, and operationalizing of cybersecurity systems – including documenting requirements, working with vendors, configuring/testing system, creating knowledge articles, executing transition to relevant operations team.
- Successfully implemented and delivered on cybersecurity projects spanning multiple security domains
- Project management experience focused on cybersecurity areas and associated technology
- Experience documenting, socializing, and operationalizing cybersecurity technology and processes
- Experience in developing strategic roadmaps for various cybersecurity domains - i.e. data protection, security monitoring, security operations, risk management
- Demonstrated experience working across multiple teams to build cross-functional relationships. Includes working with multiple cross-functional members with various levels of technical experience.
- Good understanding of the cybersecurity ecosystems from a technology perspective
- Agility of working with startups to generate additional value, and ensure established technologies are used as well
- Continuously assess and improve the organization’s cybersecurity controls
- Advise project teams on cybersecurity requirements for new projects
- Guide the organization in establishing policies, standards, and procedures which focus on cybersecurity from the start
- Self-starter who is comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think critically and explore new creative solutions
- Continual review and education on emerging trends and threats to enhance tooling and processes
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal)
- Loves what s/he does
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.