Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Design and release thermal components in a thermal system including heat exchangers, , pressure/temperature sensors, electronic expansion valves (EXVs), shut-off valves (SOVs), ‘CRFM(radiator + fan assembly), pumps etc
- Interface with thermal systems engineering to define characteristics and requirements of above-mentioned thermal components
- Interface with vehicle integration and other affected cross-functional team to identify packaging space of thermal components, conduct and support packaging study
- Interface with attributes team to quantify and qualify component placements and airflow characteristics
- Work closely with suppliers in component design and assembly in CATIA V6 experience preferred
- Provide guidance and direction to suppliers through sourcing process, pre-production and production-phase development
- Develop and draft engineering specs for above-mentioned thermal components
- Develop and draft other foundation documents including risk assessment/management, DFMEA, DVP, and Functional Safety
- Create DV (design verification) and PV (production verification) plans/procedures and coordinate physical testing to validate functionality and reliability of thermal components per engineering documentation
- Be the owner/leader to support technical delivery, design reviews, concept definition and resolution of thermal components
- Manage and coordinate all BOMs (Enovia direct experience preferred) of thermal components, piece cost, investment cost, weight target, and part procurement for all pre-production build phases
- Ensure all designs meet Design for Manufacture (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA) standards for both internal and external manufacturing supply options
- Ensure project deliverables are understood in detail and resources planned accordingly for green gateway accomplishment
- Minimum BSME degree with in mechanical/automotive engineering
- 3-5 years of experience related to automotive design, release, and production
- Detailed knowledge of relevant manufacturing techniques of heat exchangers/ pumps/chillers (cooling modules/ Chillers components
- Thermal management performance experience directly with EV’s
- High Proficiency with CAD tool (CATIA) is a must
- Knowledge on thermal, mechanical, NVH, durability, corrosion, and electrical requirements for thermal components is highly desired
- Prior experience on Validation Process (DVPR), DV and PV testing of thermal components is highly desired
- Proficiency in GD&T, tolerance stack-up analyses
- Prior experience on one full product cycle from concept creation to production is desired
- Ability to work and communicate effectively among cross-functional teams
- Ability to work independently and proactively in fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with electric vehicle thermal management& control protocols (LIN, CAN).
- Experience in DFM, DFA, DFMEA and PFMEA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.