Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As the Staff Test Automation Engineer you will own the strategy, development and execution of our test automation platform, processes and reporting infrastructure.
This role operates as a strategic participant across inter-dependent software development efforts. The ideal candidate cares deeply about efficiency and quality in the software development process and has demonstrated experience leveraging industry-leading tools and frameworks to deliver a complete test automation platform that engineering teams can execute on in the delivery of solutions to our customers.
- Design, architect and drive the delivery of test automation systems and platforms best suited to Rivian’s platforms and business objectives.
- Work cross-team with our partner engineering teams to determine optimal test automation technologies for solutions using disparate languages and platforms
- Partner with delivery teams to track and act upon key performance indicators to enable continuous improvement of product quality and user experience
- Partner with platform infrastructure teams to optimize our delivery pipelines and tools infrastructure in order to ensure production resilience and optimal quality.
- Promote and drive testing & quality best practices, coding standards, release strategies and tool usage.
- 6+ years relevant experience designing and delivering test automation platforms in a complex application environments.
- Passion for developing, configuring, connecting, and integrating systems in a complex application environment. scalable and functional applications with 2+ years as team lead.
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience in various types of testing (Unit, Integration, API, Smoke, System, Browser compatibility, etc.), developing test automation solutions for both presentation layer and APIs
- Experience establishing Test Automation Frameworks and creating reusable components libraries while implementing effective quality assurance strategies and best practices
- Experienced in creating a strategic technology direction, aligning it with tactical activities, and communicating plans broadly across the organization.
- In-depth knowledge of Testing concepts and Test Project management
- Experience using the following technologies/tools:
- Selenium, Appium, Rest Assured or equivalent web-service automation tool or equivalent
- JUnit, TestNG, Spock, Cucumber/Gherkin, Cypress, Jasmine, Karma, or equivalent
- Gradle, Maven
- Source Code Control (git or equivalent)
- Test data management
- CI/CD Platforms & Tools (Gitlab, Jenkins or equivalent)
- AWS, microservices, containers and orchestration, serverless
- Experience in high-growth technology companies or startups a plus.
Location: Palo Alto, CA or Vancouver, BC
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.