Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Able to program, configure, and test applications based on Rockwell MES Platform.
- Perform activities including design specifications, development, testing, implementation, and support. Able to provide guidance and recommendations for system design and to resolve technical issues.
- Perform code reviews and training.
- Deliver highest quality software by creating unit test plan and thoroughly testing code.
- Adept with the tools, applications, and processes used for software development.
- Create technical and project documentations and coordinate technical issues.
- Will apply business rules and concepts, software specifications and designs provided by the technical lead.
- Use various integration tools and common information technology platforms to build robust and rapid development.
- Stays on top of technology, functionality and reusable delivery content to minimize customizations.
- Apply broad systems engineering knowledge related to programming languages for implementing MES applications and corresponding application development environments.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of technical literature
- Demonstrated expertise in Java programming and development environments including Eclipse.
- Familiarity with common design patterns.
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Design.
- Knowledge of multi-thread programming, Exception Handling, Logging and Localization.
- Knowledge of relational database management system (RDBMS) packages including SQL Server.
- Knowledge of J2EE Application Servers (I.e. JBoss) to perform installation, configuration and maintenance tasks.
- Proficient in data structures, algorithms.
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business, Manufacturing, Industrial, Engineering or a related subject required.
- At least 3 years in a software product development environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.