Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Act as the initial point of contact for internal Manufacturing IT system related concerns from internal employees
- Create Helpdesk tickets and respond in a timely manner to email and phone call requests for technical assistance.
- Effortlessly engage with callers, actively listen, analyze, and isolate tech issues.
- Calmly provide conflict resolution and navigate frustrated customer situations.
- Troubleshoot various Manufacturing application including MES and other Quality tools.
- Attend in-person meetings with clients to analyze, troubleshoot and diagnose problems.
- Detail these issues and propose system or business improvements to mitigate future occurrences
- Complete detailed reports listing requests for technical assistance, steps taken to resolve them, and the specific dates/individuals involved.
- Assist management in creating training materials pertaining to computer troubleshooting and usage.
- Organize and file technical support documentation and instructional guides for future reference.
- Drive incident cycle time reduction through prompt responses to issues, detect reoccurring issues, and drive incident investigations
- Escalate complex issues to level 3 when needed.
- Identify repetitive issues and assist in automating or resolving these items to provide the best possible user experience.
- Remain current with manufacturing applications and technologies.
- Available and willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays to complete the support task
- Individuals must be able to understand complex automated systems
- Understand the ISA-95 standard for production automation
- Experience SQL Database query experience is required
- Experience with VMWare ESXi, Cisco Switch Configuration, JBoss Server Management, Windows Domain / Group Policy or Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) troubleshooting are strongly desired
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic and a self-starter and outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- General understanding of conventional Manufacturing applications, IT system communication methods, which includes network architecture, file drop, XML, SOAP, and TCP/IP communication protocols
- Knowledge on Rockwell MES is a plus.
- 1-3 year of experience in Manufacturing application support is a Plus.
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business, Manufacturing, Industrial, Engineering or a related subject required.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.