Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Integrate and support Design Technology/BIM/Construction tools, workflows and processes with teams, including both internal and external partners.
- Innovate to create and deploy custom solutions for design and construction team.
- Build strong relationships with our internal Construction Managers and external GCs and Subcontractors.
- Be the source of knowledge when it comes to construction technology workflows that will effectively increase performance in our project delivery.
- Lead office and on-site to training for internal and external partners, as it relates Punchlist, RFIs, Submittals, and Clash coordination with Autodesk products.
- Activate the Design and Construction team with the latest tools available to build smart with cloud solutions I.e. BIM360Build, Plangrid, Openspace, and on-site tech such as Trimble, laser layout, Navisworks and more.
- Maintain and develop BIM-related content and templates.
- Maintain and develop templates related to Construction such as RFIs, Submittals, Punch lists.
- Research, develop and evangelize new construction technology tools to maintain best-in-class service and efficiency from both internal and external partners.
- Document processes, procedures and workflows for repeatable usage, such as BIM Execution Plan, Construction Exectuion Plan, and GC guidelines.
- Work with the Design Technology Lead to collect project metrics for the Rivian’s portfolio of assets, standards initiatives, and establish reporting of key performance indicators.
- Work with Design and Construction to create efficiencies throughout the project delivery process.
- Work across many projects of various types and be able to identify system and standard development needs.
- Collaborate seamlessly with other BIM and Design Technology Managers towards a collective vision.
- Support team with related AEC related technologies such as Revit, Navisworks, BIM360, Autodesk construction Cloud, Procore, BlueBeam, Plangrid, and various other platforms that the design team uses.
- Work with Pre-Construction team to develop a robust 5D quantity and cost analysis strategy and implementation.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, or construction. Master’s degree architecture, building science, construction management or related field preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in a project-specific BIM/VDC/construction tech role of all phases of design and delivery.
- 5+ in a related job such as architecture, technical design, construction technology or VDC.
- Deep knowledge of and proven practical background in Autodesk Revit, BIM360, Procore, Navisworks, Lidar scanning and supporting applications.
- Experience working in Architecture, Engineering, Construction or related industries, with detailed knowledge of project processes, milestones and deliverables.
- An articulate communicator able to convey design technology-related concepts to all levels of design, delivery, and construction professionals.
- A technologist at heart, someone who loves to explore solutions via technology and is vigorous when faced with complex problems.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to keep an audience interested in live construction administration software demos.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion and to set priorities and manage competing demands.
- Comfortable in a startup/fast-paced and changing environments.
- Passion for personal development and gaining expertise in the discipline of BIM and construction technology.
- Experience with architectural, engineering, virtual construction processes and workflows.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that embraces change and constantly seeks out new opportunities to improve system processes and protocols.
- Reliable, responsive and positive work ethic with the highest degree of integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to develop learning material, deliver effective training and provide ongoing education and technological support to project teams.
- Punctual, able to adhere to deadlines, and have a strong work ethic.
- Expertise with Navisworks Clash detection.
- Experience with design 3D quantification tools.
- Experience with Lidar scanning technologies i.e. Point clouds and Autodesk ReCap and Navisworks.
- Intermediate knowledge of Dynamo & Grasshopper preferred.
- Knowledge of Python, a plus.
- Knowledge of Autodesk Forge, a plus.
- Knowledge of CATIA, a plus.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.