Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Cybersecurity Engineer is a hands-on technical role which plays a pivotal role in shaping the overall cybersecurity posture within Rivian.
- You will research the market, pilot technologies, architect, design, implement, document and operationalize technologies supporting Rivian’s core mission
- You will lead the Implementation efforts in a wide range of cybersecurity projects. Build relationships and operationalize systems and processes
Minimum of 5 years of cybersecurity experience with a focus in network security
- Experience with design, implementation, and operationalizing of cybersecurity systems – including documenting requirements, working with vendors, configuring/testing system, creating knowledge articles, executing transition to relevant operations team.
- Successfully implemented and delivered on cybersecurity projects spanning multiple security domains
- Experience implementing and managing Intrusion Prevention and Detection Systems (IDS, IPS)
- Experience reviewing and hardening firewall configurations (endpoint firewall, site configurations, corporate firewalls, cloud-based firewalls)
- Experience establishing Network Access Control baselines and configurations
- Experience hardening network devices (routers, switches)
- Experience with DNS and DHCP security
- Experience with out-of-band management of network devices
- Experience with wireless security
- Experience implementing and managing Network and User Anomaly Detection
- Experience with the following technologies and capabilities (or others):
- Cloud Service Providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) - IaaS and security stack
- Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
- Vulnerability management tools
- Email gateway
- Web gateway
- Security information and event management (SIEM)
- Data loss prevention (DLP)
- Cloud access security broker (CASB)
- Endpoint system hardening
- Supporting threat hunting missions
- Supporting incident response activities/investigations
- Good understanding of the cybersecurity ecosystems from a technology perspective
- Agility of working with startups to generate additional value, and ensure established technologies are used as well
- Continuously assess and improve the organization’s cybersecurity controls
- Advise project teams on cybersecurity requirements for new projects
- Guide the organization in establishing policies, standards, and procedures which focus on cybersecurity from the start
- Self-starter who is comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think critically and explore new creative solutions
- Continual review and education on emerging trends and threats to enhance tooling and processes
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal)
- Loves what s/he does
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.