Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Manage the implementation of Systems Engineering process and tools across enterprise for a given program
- Provide single point contact for program on all process/tools/strategy applications around Requirements, Testing, and FMEA
- Ensure traceability of customer facing requirements down to parts and software implementation
- Coach the champions of each feature to provide end to end work products (concept to validation)
- Provide feedback to program team on metrics/reports for progress towards key milestones
- Support the development of architecture and structure around Requirements, Testing, and FMEA
- Architect agile solutions that ensure variant handling across programs
- Support early development technology roadmaps for a given program
- Elicit requirements from domains around complex program specific features
- Coach engineers on Systems Engineering methodologies
- Facilitate communication with teams around issues, bugs, and change control for program
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering Discipline, Systems Engineering, or equivalent
- 5 or more years of experience in applying systems engineering methodologies for product development
- Strong understanding of agile frameworks and how to apply them at an enterprise level
- Demonstrate ability to work in a constantly changing and dynamic workplace
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Excellent ability to zoom out and understand long term goals
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.