Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop integrated reports that translate warranty claim data estimates into an estimate of financial liability
- Prepare and present warranty analyses of underlying financial data on a monthly and quarterly basis to members of management (e.g. sales, service operations, quality, production, accounting, etc.), incorporating new develops or changes in the business that may affect the need to adjust period-end warranty liability
- Support in developing automation routines to efficiently monitor and account for warranty accruals and warranty service order claim activity
- Work cross functionally to advise and ensure understanding of contractual verbiage and its impact on service accounting, including revenue recognition, standard costing, inventory valuation, etc.
- Perform monthly close procedures, including journal entries, account reconciliation and reporting
- Furnish information and support for internal and external audit purposes
- Assist with month-end purchase price variance analysis and update to part costs in SAP
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree (in accounting, finance, business administration, etc.) highly preferred
- Knowledge or previous experience supporting an accounting or finance function required
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Adaptable to change
- Constant desire to learn and challenge others to find the best solution
- Experience working in systems to analyze large quantities data (e.g. predictive) and design and develop system generated reports (e.g. ad hoc reporting)
- Ability to work cross functionally with both Customer Quality, Service Operations, Finance and Accounting
- Experience in SAP a plus
- Experience with report writing a huge plus
- CPA highly preferred
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
- Department: Accounting
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.