Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Team member of Battery Module Electro-mechanical design and analysis team
- Responsible to help team launch of battery packs into start of production
- Design and release responsibility of assemblies and components related to Battery Sensors
- Responsible for mechanical implementation of Battery Sensor Architecture
- Support Systems team in develop of sensor architectures
- Continued optimization of Battery Pack, sub-assemblies, and components
- Lead Design Reviews related to Battery Sensor Architecture and mechanical implementation of architecture
- Lead BOM management and change management of mechanical implementation of sensor architecture
- Lead DFMEA efforts and support of PFMEA efforts
- Collaborate with AME and manufacturing on DFA
- Define validation requirements based on design or process change
- Lead product improvements and understanding impacts of cost and mass
- Support battery pack and module teardown efforts
- Lead supplier engagement activities regarding requirements, technical discussions, DFMEA/DVP and timing
- 5+ years industry experience, Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience with battery pack design including structural, thermal, and electrical components of pack
- Understanding of battery system architectures and system requirements
- Understanding and execution of root cause and corrective action
- Proficiency with statistics and data analysis
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes and equipment
- Strong collaboration skills with engineering, manufacturing, reliability, and quality engineers
- Experience with release engineering including CAD design, GD&T, and PLM interface
- Familiarity with modeling/analysis tools for structural and thermal analysis
- Understanding of safety protocols for battery modules
- Experience with automotive DVP&R cycle, requirements management, and issue tracking – JIRA, JAMA, IQ-RM, Plato
- Proficiency with CATIA V6 (3Dx) and Enovia proficiency
- MS Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project) proficiency
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.