Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Join the fastest growing Finance team in the automotive industry to drive efficiency and effectiveness of financial analysis, planning/budgeting and month-end responsibilities
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with Real Estate and Facilities leadership to support decision making through forecasting, budgeting and long-range planning; and identifying savings opportunities, project risk, and process improvements
- Develop strong knowledge of Facilities & Real Estate related financial metrics, processes, and tools
- Provide and communicate timelines, processes, and documentation of forecast/budget and month-end activities
- Reduce ambiguity and provide visibility in context of hyper-growth with financial reporting and variance analysis
- Participation in month-end activities, including accruals and variance analysis
- Conduct scenario and ad-hoc analyses and deliver timely recommendations
- Conduct industry and economic trends research, investment analyses, and business case development
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Education/Experience preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business and 4 years of corporate finance experience OR
- MBA degree with CFA, FRM, and/or CPA or foreign accountancy equivalent
- Experience with prior experience supporting Real Estate & Facilities leaders and function is a plus
- Strong financial modeling (e.g., Excel power user), spreadsheet, and presentation skills
- Passionate about data automation, system improvements, and process efficiency
- Experience in Tableau, Power BI, SAP and Workday Adaptive Insights, or SQL are a huge plus
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to achieve results with minimal direction. Requires a high-energy individual who has excellent partnering, and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
- Department: Finance
- Location: Irvine, CA or Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.