Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Create progressive, intuitive, and reliable applications for the Rivian in-vehicle experience.
- Develop a touch screen based modern in-vehicle infotainment system which links drivers and passengers to their vehicle and the outside world.
- Collaborate with the UX/UI design team to realize beautiful, cutting edge designs.
- Test the in-vehicle experience in the lab and in Rivian prototype vehicles.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues issues found during testing.
- Help drive research into new technologies and interfaces.
- Collaborate with other divisions in understanding and sharing of technology roadmaps, portfolios and intellectual property.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Deep understanding of user-friendly, immersive, reactive user interface development.
- 6+ years experience with modern object-oriented languages: C++. Proficiency with Python is a plus.
- Deep experience with either the Qt/QML or Android application frameworks. Experience with 3D graphics is a plus.
- Proficiency targeting POSIX-based embedded systems: Linux, Android, QNX.
- Working knowledge of RESTful APIs and HTTP.
- Software Development life cycle experience, from requirements gathering through to implementation and maintenance.
- Experience in automotive electronics and/or consumer electronics is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
- Good team player with great communication skills.
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from development validation to a verified product.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.