Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Responsible for the overall IT Change Management program and process quality
- Leads the Change Advisory Board meetings and ensures that all change requests thoroughly follow the defined process requirements: documentation, risk mitigation, testing, rollback plan, communication, and more.
- Track performance against defined PKI targets
- Quality check newly raised changes. Validate eligibility of change, implementation steps, applicable risk mitigations, backout plan and schedule
- Review standard change proposals for inclusion in the Standard Change policy
- Review unsuccessful changes for future improvements
- Facilitate emergency change approval
- Provide service quality reports; chair root cause analysis review meetings; document lessons learned and modify standard operating procedures accordingly
- Engage, collaborate, and communicate effectively with variety of stakeholders to deliver the services
- Define and establish right size processes to enable productive use of resources
This is what you'll need:
- 5+ years of leading change management programs in a global IT organization
- 3+ years of experience in problem and service management leadership
- Firm understanding of ITIL, ideally version 4, certification preferred
- Experience with developing a change management program from scratch
- Experience with leading a change management program in a dynamic CI/CD, DevOps, environment
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Communicate effectively – Develop and deliver multi-mode communication that conveys a clear message to different audiences. Foster open communication with all stakeholders.
- Portfolio Management – Plans, prioritizes, sequences, and manages portfolio of work to maximize delivery of business value
- Technical Acumen – Pursues continuous learning and application of technologies to achieve desired business, architectural, and productivity outcomes
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.