Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Technical Security Specialist will be responsible for the health and maintenance of Rivian’s physical security infrastructure. You will support the post-install lifecycle of our physical security hardware by leveraging internal and external teams to help maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and/or replace critical components - everything from the headend to the field devices. While no two days will end up looking the same, generally speaking you’ll be responsible for the following things:
- Ensure operational availability and preventative maintenance of all physical security hardware
- Provide L1 engineering support for the Rivian security team, vendors, and integrators
- Maintain our break/fix ticket queue - troubleshoot, coordinate the appropriate response, and resolve all system issues in a timely manner
- Get hands on with field devices when needed; not all issues can be resolved remotely
- Foster close collaboration with partners in Facilities, Production, and IT
- Drive a preventative maintenance program that supports healthy device lifecycles
Some teams have strict requirements about certifications, degrees, and things like that. Not us! We’re more interested in the unique perspectives and expertise you’ll bring to the team, rather than acronyms on your resume. However, you’ll be much more likely to be successful in this role if these bullet points seem like a good description of you:
- You’ve been in a technical security maintenance or break/fix role for a while now, probably in the realm of 5+ years
- Low voltage electronics are your jam. You can fix anything using a multimeter, a screwdriver, and a pair of snips
- You have pride and appreciation for stellar cable management and a well-dressed can
- You’re really, really, good at fixing things and probably equally as good at breaking them. At the end of the day, you know exactly how things work
- You frequently get praise from your peers and coworkers about your communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have effective methods to handle stress and pressure, even in high intensity or emotionally charged situations and environments
- You're meticulous and demand perfection
- You love to travel; always eager to jump at your next adventure
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.