Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Coordinate projects between the engineering and legal teams to develop a comprehensive overview of the current intellectual property (IP) activities and the current status of each item.
- Partner with team of engineering and IP Liaisons to identify and capture any IP opportunities during the product development process.
- Evolve the process for Intellectual Property reporting with the legal and engineering teams, inclusive of process workflows, toolset, and training for the organization.
- Assist in creating comprehensive reporting and regular review forums to increase awareness and accelerate progression of the innovation process
- Partner with Learning and Development and Legal organization for training plans across product development for Intellectual Property
- Technical writing support for invention disclosure support with IP Liasons
- 3+ years of experience in Program Management, with demonstrated understanding of Intellectual Property
- Ability to effectively collaborate as a part of a team or operate independently across projects based on project complexity and needs
- BS/ MS Mechanical or Electrical Engineer or similar technical field
- Strong ability to manage, interact, influence, and communicate at all levels with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Experience with creating reports in the Anaqua and Innography intellectual property software platforms a plus
- Ability to effectively collaborate and work remotely using Zoom, Slack, and Microsoft Office Suite
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.