Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Develop Software Functional Safety work products to support the Safety Case of the Rivian Battery System
- Detail software unit specifications and software safety requirements
- Specify and develop software safety algorithms to support the battery safety concept
- Specify and conduct software unit tests to support verification and validation and continuous test system
- Contribute to the Technical Safety Concept of the Battery System
- Develop and contribute to Fault Tree Analysis, FMEDA analysis, FMEA and generation of software and hardware diagnostic requirements
- Contribute to the safety analysis of Rivian battery hardware design
- Derive and implement diagnostic and fault management requirements from safety analysis.
- Use best-practices, experience, and talents to create battery control software for production ECU:
- Assess input & output constraints to best develop firmware model and compile into executable code
- Utilize a variety of debug tools to aid and speed your development, writing scripts, gui’s, & executables
- Use your battery knowledge to contribute to the ESS cell research team
- Design other important software components of the BMS, involving diagnostics, fault detection, and more
- Coordinate & work with engineers across multiple disciplines to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks:
- Collaborate with software engineers to integrate application-layer software into RTOS
- Collaborate with validation engineers to test your models & firmware functionality
- 3+ years of work experience in the battery and/or automotive industries with a minimum of bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience in automotive product development or extreme safety environments
- Training in ISO26262 development process and analysis techniques
- At least a bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline
- Experience with programming and embedded systems; Well-versed with software development & C programming
- Previous programming experience on Battery Management Systems, or automotive ECUs
- Experience with model-based design; creating control systems & models with MATLAB/Simulink
- Excellent problem-solving skills; reliant on core engineering principals & common sense
- Strong communication, multitasking, & inter-personal skills, both in presentation & technical writing
- Versed in production development & testing timelines
- Experience with automated requirements management tools (e.g. JAMA, Doors, etc.) and issue tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Previous experience with product launches and working to a schedule
- Ability and desire to share/communicate subject matter expertise and knowledge effectively with other employees, contractors, and external customers
- Ability to write technical documents, draft patents, and articles
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.