Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The well qualified candidate will be responsible for managing a group of embedded software engineers dedicated to the design of Rivian’s DC Fast Charger (DCFC). The group’s goals include. The candidate will be expected to mobilize a team, leverage common strategies, and participate in developing common processes involving a variety of software disciplines across several unique production programs.
- Develop, manage, and maintain software processes, test software and test procedures/results for clear traceability
- Coordinate with test and manufacturing groups to facilitate prototype/production efforts and goals
- Coordinate with other groups within Rivian to ensure common processes and tools are leveraged
- Respond to software related field/process failures by organizing resources and executing tactical root-cause efforts
- Develop software component testing methodologies and implementations to ensure regressive maturity/stability at each of the following levels
- Software unit test
- Bench test
- HIL test
- Inductive load test (if applicable)
- Dyno test (if applicable)
- End-Of-Line (EOL) test
- Full system (vehicle/product) test, including validation
- Design with ISO-26262 awareness, compliance, and support
- Ability to coordinate across functional teams (software design, electrical design, mechanical design, safety, quality, etc.)
- 5+ years professional experience with common software development processes/tools (requirements/Jama, work tickets/Jira, version control/Git/GitFlow)
- 5+ years management experience directing a team of 5-10 technical employees
- 5+ years software manufacturing experience preferred
- Mastery of root-cause analysis and documentation processes and procedures
- Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn/master ISO-26262 practices
- A college degree in an applicable engineering field
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.