Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The well qualified candidate will be responsible for the specification, design, implementation and testing of various embedded Linux software components in support of automotive DC fast charging systems. Project activities include but are not limited to general sensor/signal data consumption, signaling interfaces, UI Display coordination and architecture, Open Charge Point Protocol (OCPP) message implementations, Hardware in the Loop (HIL) testing, defining/implementing application interfaces, and the design/implementation of concise, modular/testable embedded functions/modules/libraries. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of embedded SW engineering from requirements to validation.
- Support of Linux OS implementations and integration for embedded EPC applications
- Design of a variety of sensor/signal device drivers/interfaces
- Create elegant/efficient real time software components and interfaces
- Develop software component testing methodologies and implementations to ensure maturity/stability
- Work with hardware at a bench and HIL level to guarantee software operation
- Design communication bridges using CAN and ethernet
- Design with ISO-26262 awareness, compliance, and support
- Document requirements, software design and test procedures/results
- Fluency in state-of-the-art embedded software practices using the C/C++/Python programming languages (other languages welcome based on suitability)
- A working knowledge of electronics/hardware/development in an embedded Linux development
- Experience/familiarity with or willing to learn ISO 15118, Green Phy and OCPP
- A strong desire to create bullet-proof APIs and modular, well architected systems
- Proficiency in version control software processes and techniques (GitFlow)
- Ability to optimize build/test flow using scripting languages such as Python/Perl/Unix shell
- Strong background in software component design and testing, both for unit test and HIL test
- Knowledge of ISO-26262 practices
- A college degree in an applicable engineering field, or, demonstration of proficiency in above areas
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.