Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The well qualified candidate will be responsible for the specification, design, implementation and testing of various embedded hardware/software components in support of the electric power conversion team. Projects assigned will include but not be limited to manufacturing firmware integration (assisting/training technicians in scripting/loading/tracking software releases/calibrations), Hardware in the Loop (HIL) testing and coordination, embedded Linux scripting/test, Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) component test, and general software support for end-of-line test and production deployment. The candidate will be assigned a range of tasks intended to both help achieve EPC goals and to allow the candidate to gain experience in a variety of software disciplines.
- Document/create requirements, software design, test software and test procedures/results
- Design and support of embedded Linux OS applications and system testing for EPC applications
- Coordinate with test and manufacturing groups to facilitate prototype/production efforts and goals
- Create elegant/efficient real time software components and interfaces
- Develop software component testing methodologies and implementations to ensure maturity/stability
- Work with hardware and software tools at a bench and HIL level to guarantee software operation
- Design with ISO-26262 awareness, compliance, and support
- Ability to optimize build/test flow using scripting languages such as Python/Perl/Unix shell
- Fluency in state-of-the-art embedded software practices using the C programming language
- Proficiency in version control software processes and techniques (GitFlow)
- Strong background in and/or willingness to learn/master software component design and testing
- Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn/master ISO-26262 practices
- A college degree in an applicable engineering field
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.