Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this role you will support the overall design and development of Rivian electric motors and supporting sub systems. Providing CAD and drawing support in packaging studies, concept development, prototype builds, through releasing production parts and associated assembly documentation. Using knowledge of manufacturing methods and GD&T to provide cost effective designs and drawings.
- Design new components used in electric motors and supporting systems using CATIA V6.
- Create 2D prints of components used in motor systems applying geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Make necessary updates to existing 3D models and 2D prints.
- Generate assembly illustrations using CATIA and other office tools to help engineers establish proper assembly processes of motor components and related systems.
- Assist engineers with executing 3D packaging studies in vehicle environment to ensure electric motor components meet necessary clearance requirements.
- Assist engineers in completion of designs, assemblies, and drawings for test and assembly fixtures.
- Assist engineers in release and change management system.
- Associates Degree in Drafting/Design preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of experience using CATIA (V6 preferred) software.
- Experience and aptitude in injection molding, die casting, and sheet metal design.
- Extensive experience using GD&T (understanding, reading, and applying).
- Proficient with Microsoft office apps (Excel, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management software and ENOVIA is a plus.
- Experience working in automotive and start-up environment is a plus.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.