Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
- Partner with the People Partners to administer the leave of absence program
- Be a subject matter expert of all Rivian leave policies, STD, LTD, FMLA, and state specific programs
- Maintain master leave log of Normal, IL employees on leave
- Keep open lines of communication with People Partners and other stakeholders
- Partner with Payroll to communicate pay changes and/or integration of state benefits each pay period
- Perform all leave administration including reporting, auditing, and claims resolution
- Process and maintain leave related items in employee files
- Responsible for the data integrity of company leave of absence records
- Be a resource to all Rivian employees for any leave related questions, escalating issues as needed
- Process and reconcile employee benefit payments while on leave
- Participate in a successful annual Open Enrollment for employees on leave of absence
- Continue to look for ways to improve internal leave of absence processes and procedures
- 3+ years of experience in leave of absence administration in a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of Illinois employment laws
- Experience administering US benefit and leave programs preferred
- Proficient PC skills including proficient at an intermediate to advance level in Excel, Word and Outlook, with high attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively across and at all levels of the organization
- Workday experience preferred
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.