Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will be part of the vehicle modeling team creating high fidelity vehicle models. You will support the senior engineer in integration of subsystem models into full vehicle model to support vehicle development. You will work with model owners to debug models and complete model tests before release to the rest of the team
- Support the Integration vehicle sub-systems models based in Simulink or similar into MBS and full vehicle simulation models, testing model functionality
- Collaborate with models’ owners to develop true real time models for use on Driver in the Loop simulator
- Develop user interface for access to tuning parameters of sub-system models for use with desktop & DIL simulator
- Running full vehicle simulations, Post-process simulation results to draw actionable conclusions and draft detailed integration reports
- An academic background in vehicle dynamics or control systems and automotive engineering and relevant industry OEM experience
- A strong understanding of the first-principle physics behind vehicle chassis systems and performance
- Experience of building sub-system models (both Hardware & software) in Matlab Simulink or similar
- Excellent analytical and root-causing skills complemented by a data driven approach to problem solving
- Willingness to learn different modeling tools and techniques is essential, Prior experience with MSc Adams, VI Car Real Time or IPG CarMaker is advantageous
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.