Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will be part of the vehicle modeling team creating and correlating MBS models for all Rivian products. You will support the senior engineers in delivering the required simulation results to support vehicle development. You will also produce technical reports based of simulation data and correlation results.
- Support suspension modeling and simulation efforts in MSC ADAMS including model correlation, debugging, design of experiments and optimizing
- Support full vehicle dynamics model builds in IPG CarMaker
- Post-process simulation results to draw actionable conclusions and draft detailed reports
- Assist in workflow automaton processes through Python scripts, Adams command language, macros, and Matlab toolkits
- Provide support to testing activities including K&C, CMM and VIMF, analyze results from these tests and use them to validate and refine simulation models
- An academic background in suspension design or vehicle dynamics including coursework and projects. FSAE or related experience is a plus
- A strong understanding of the first-principle physics behind vehicle suspensions – especially that related to motion kinematics and overall function of the system
- Experience with MSc Adams and knowledge of Matlab and Python
- Analytical and a data driven approach to problem solving
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.