Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is looking to hire a Sr. Financial Analyst for its growing team to support our Operations organization, based out of our development site in Palo Alto or Irvine, CA.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Be a key strategic partner for our operations leadership team, including VPs and our COO
- Organize and structure monthly reporting and forecasting processes for the Operations finance team
- Serve as a trusted partner to the Operations organization by articulating, reviewing, and analyzing financial forecasts, and executing financial planning needs
- Consolidate recurring forecasts for the Operations organization; includes collecting and tracking headcount, operating and capital expenses
- Design & prepare recurring reports on key metrics across the Operations organization
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis for make vs. buy business cases and other strategic business decisions
- Prepare and present insightful analysis to support leadership in decision-making
- Conduct variance analysis to forecast, track KPIs, and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Partner with Accounting and other Finance teams to perform monthly and quarterly close responsibilities; includes managing accruals and preparing close presentations
- Proactively work to improve data quality and collection processes to drive continuous improvement in forecast timing and accuracy
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- A passion for sustainability and keeping the world adventurous forever
- Top-tier analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt in an ever-changing and ambiguous environment with imperfect data
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to step-back and see the big picture
- Agile and able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Ability to effectively articulate financial stories in a clear and concise manner, written and verbally
- Expert at Excel, and a strong proficiency with PowerPoint required
- Experience with SAP, Adaptive Insights, Tableau, PowerQuery, PowerBI, and/or SQL a big plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, or relevant experience in a related field highly preferred
- Minimum 2 years of related experience in Finance, Consulting, Investment Banking, Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Logistics, or other related field required
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
- Department: Finance
- Location: Palo Alto, CA or Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.