Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Lead ESS Cell Module Engineering team
- Lead ESS Mechanical Cell Module team to ensure the timely delivery of Battery Cell Module to support Battery Pack program timing, test, and validation.
- Support cross functional teams in integration of Cell Module into Battery Pack
- Represent ESS in Mechanical interface development with Pack Integration team.
- Represent ESS in Mechanical interface development with Battery Pack Thermal system.
- Represent ESS in Mechanical interface development with Battery Pack electrical interfaces.
- Represent ESS Cell Module team in Serviceability requirement development with Service and Reman engineering team.
- Represent ESS Mechanical Cell Module team in cross functional engagement with Manufacturing, Advanced Manufacturing, and ergonomics.
- Responsible to accept requirements from ESS Systems Engineering team and decompose and cascade into ESS Cell Module Electrical and Mechanical requirements
- Lead Battery Cell Module Mechanical System development
- Manage timing and delivery plans for Cell Module Mechanical System.
- Support delivery of part maturities meeting development requirements.
- Support delivery of PLM Cell Module and component attribute data in Enovia, including meeting cost & mass targets.
- Manage detailed CAD design reviews as necessary for Battery mechanical system targets.
- Ensure drafting, tolerance stack analysis, and GD&T are completed for Battery system and components.
- Work with ESS CAE team to define and submit simulation requests as needed for design validation and correlation with test.
- Support cross functional development of battery component and system DFMEAs.
- Support cross functional meetings with Rivian Validation team to develop DVP from component requirements driven from DFMEA.
- 5+ years industry management experience with bachelor’s degree or 3+ years industry management experience with master’s degree.
- High voltage or electrified vehicle safety training and hands on work experience
- Familiarity with automotive cell modules and form factors.
- Design experience or familiarity with cell module production methods for sub componentry.
- Understanding of battery system architectures, system controls, and circuit analysis.
- Strong fluids and thermodynamics background with working knowledge of energy conversion and heat transfer.
- Experience with automotive powertrain requirements, load cases, cycle life, and standards.
- Experience with release engineering including CAD design, GD&T, and PLM interface.
- Familiarity with cell modeling/analysis and tools – MATLAB, Simulink, 1D, 3D
- Strong oral and written communication for supplier engagement, program timing, and project management.
- Experience with automotive DVP&R cycle, requirements management, and issue tracking – JIRA, JAMA, IQ-RM, Plato
- CATIA V6 (3Dx) and Enovia proficiency
- MS Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project) proficiency
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.