Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Product Manager will drive customer requirements into cross functional hardware and software engineering teams to achieve customer/business strategies and multiple concurrent initiatives, ranging from concepts in ideation to launching into production. You will also need exceptional ability to work with and influence diverse functional teams.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Represent voice of the customer in product development, prioritization, and execution
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and prioritize product requirements and specifications
- Responsible for overall product management and strategic focus for multiple chargers across various customer profiles.
- Develop and maintain the roadmaps for DC charging products
- Support product design, development, release and continuous improvement for DC Charging products
- Support sales and operations planning organization in aggregating planned sales, inventory, and production needs from concept to end-of-life
- Provide feedback on product concepts and prototypes
- Partner with engineering and manufacturing teams to plan, build, launch and manage charging products
- Report out to and consult with senior management on strategic direction
- Develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products and maintain technical analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses across hardware and digital feature sets.
- Coordinate beta testing of new products and features. Document and report problems and recommend solutions/improvements to stakeholders
- Conduct user research to scope and prioritize product initiative
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 5+ years in Product Management
- Knowledge and understanding of EV charging technologies and experiences
- Experience in Customer Experience Roadmap principles
- Deep knowledge in Product Development and Project/Program Management
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Customer-first approach with a relentless passion to improve the energy storage experience through great, usable solutions
- Experience developing programs with engineering, industrial design, user experience, purchasing and operations teams
- Ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to gain commitment to accomplish business goals
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Proven success working on new product initiatives and delivering products
- Experience delivering technology products/services/software in a high growth environment where priorities shift
- The ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Charging and Energy Solutions
Location: Irvine or Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.