Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is evolving into a more complex business with a rapidly growing employee population across every part of our business. The People Team supports our business leaders to enable organizational effectiveness, execute our talent initiatives and ensure we have the ‘right’ people in the ‘right’ roles. Attracting and retaining the ‘right’ people across an increasingly global workforce, requires a compelling value proposition, and with that, progressive and innovative benefits, wellness, and mobility programs.
Are you someone that has designed progressive benefits strategies? Have you executed at scale across global, complex and diverse environments? If yes, then Rivian will provide you with the opportunity to apply all of the skills and experiences you have accumulated while challenging you to do it in an even more dynamic, scaling and diversified environment. This role requires a leader who will truly embrace a first-principles approach and build a global benefits strategy that augments our value proposition and delivers to our mission and strategy.
- Establish and implement a global benefits, wellness, and global mobility and immigration strategy that ensures we optimize our programs to drive employee engagement and allow us to attract and retain industry leading talent
- Establish new and enhance existing benefit policies and procedures that optimize our investment in talent
- Oversee seamless day-to-day execution of employee benefit plans, including all aspects of the 401(k) plan administration and strategy
- Lead the negotiating and contracting with benefit plan providers, consultants, vendors, auditors, etc.
- Create and maintain strong long-term working relationships with benefit providers
- Oversee the preparation of information and filings for all federal, state and local legal requirements
- Be a passionate champion of our values and culture and ensure the words we use and the actions we take are purposeful choices to help EVERY employee feels a sense of belonging
- Partner across the People Team and with cross-functional partners (Finance, Legal, Operations, Facilities, etc.) to help make sure the employee perspective is always taken into consideration
- Epitomize collaboration by partnering with internal communications, engagement, change management and operations teams to leverage the breadth of expertise to surround this challenge
- Lead a team of benefits professionals
- Partner with the People Leadership Team to create and drive the communications strategy for People Team initiatives and programs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of experience designing and implementing benefits programs with 5+ years in leadership roles
- Proven track record of implementing international programs at scale focused on designing and implementing programs for scale and consistency
- Strong knowledge of industry trends with a desire to maintain thought leadership on current and emerging topics
- Track record of building and leading global teams
- Exceptional ability to partner cross-functionally and at all levels, and lead without authority
- High “emotional intelligence” with an ability to effectively navigate complex employee needs to identify solutions
- Superb writing skills, organizational skills, attention to detail and time management
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.