Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The L2 Network Installation Manager will support the deployment, and operations of Rivian’s Level 2 Network. You will become the central point of coordination for the Level 2 Network team in a specific region. This will include handling planning, program development, relevant financial tasks, executing agreements and on-site inspections. You will work closely with the Level 2 Network business development and support teams to develop our Level 2 Network. Your overall goals will be to drive the efficiency and speed of deployments while providing a best-in-class experience for site hosts.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Define, refine and maintain an installation process that improves accuracy and efficiency in the proposal, design, build and commissioning phases of projects
- Coordinate testing site feasibility, layout and design with appropriate parties
- Interface with utilities and municipalities to assist site hosts in design, permitting and easements
- Coordinate execution of agreements, perform general office tasks, and coordinate other administrative matters (ex: duration schedules for entire deployment activity) that relate to each project
- Manage installations to ensure the best site host experience by tracking KPIs and regularly communicating with partners and corporate teams
- Conduct site visits throughout construction, site commissioning, and close-out
- Build up a network of installation partners in your region to assist in construction
- Become the “go-to” expert in Rivian charging hardware and electrical installation standards
- Assist in managing down installation costs with partners as well utilizing incentives for charging installations
- Be the source of knowledge and training for site hosts and their extended teams
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business, or related.
- 5+ years of experience managing construction projects related to EV charging, energy storage and/or solar.
- Strong project management ability and proven experience in construction management.
- Knowledge and understanding of EV charging technology and the competitive marketplace.
- Familiarity with regional permitting processes as it relates to EV charging installations.
- Familiarity with various Utility & Government incentive programs for EV charging infrastructure.
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Customer-first approach with a relentless passion to improve the charging experience through great, usable solutions and efficient processes.
- Experience executing programs with user experience, purchasing and operations teams.
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Charging & Energy Solutions
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.