Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Proposal Manager, L2 Charging Network will coordinate proposal response efforts for Level 2 EV charging equipment services for Rivian’s Level 2 Network. This role works closely with the Outbound and Parks Program Business Development, Sales, Solutions Engineering and Design, Installation Management, Legal, Marketing, Operations, and Service Operations Teams to coordinate winning proposals for Rivian’s open network Level 2 EVSE solution.
The primary function of the Proposal Manager is to champion the development and delivery of major proposals such as requests for proposal (RFP), request for quotation (RFQ), and request for information (RFI), qualifications, and other business development materials key to winning new business for the Level 2 Charging Network team. The Proposal Manager will work cross functionally within Rivian to assure the proposals clearly communicate the L2 Network value proposition, align with company strategy, pass through financial and legal checkpoints, and are delivered on time.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Working with and coordinating proposal efforts with key contributors across the company.
- Read, review, and dissect requests for proposal (RFP), request for quotation (RFQ), and request for information (RFI) to determine scope and requirements.
- Organize and analyze information, specifications and proposal deliverables in conjunction with functional departments (i.e. Business Development, Sales, Program Management, Finance, Legal, Solutions Engineering, Marketing, Field Operations) in accordance with proposal requirements and company confidentiality requirements.
- Establish a proposal schedule and resource plan to ensure all required proposal documents are produced properly and delivered on time.
- Coordinate activities through word processing, meeting kick-off, status and review meetings as well as analyze reasonableness, adequacy and responsiveness of data to RFP and Government requirements.
- Oversee client interview preparation, development of collateral and coaching activities.
- Perform closeout activities ensuring lessons learned and debriefing process is initiated.
- Participate in pricing reviews and Legal reviews with sales lead and management.
- Ensure alignment with corporate strategy, business line strategic goals, promote technologies/innovation, build meaningful relationships, and align with business markets.
- Assure complete documentation is available for review prior to submittal, proposal has received appropriate internal approvals, and that all required information included in proposal.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Marketing, English, Business, Communications, Liberal Arts, or related.
- 3+ years of proposal or bid management experience.
- Detailed-oriented and highly self-motivated with a proven record of developing customized, winning proposals.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of RFPs, RFQs, RFIs, and bid process.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to interface with function departments as well as internal and external partners.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand environment while managing multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
- Proficient in utilizing Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Ability to work fundamental math concepts to calculate amounts, discounts, rebates and percentages.
- Extra points if you have you have project analysis skills and can work up a project cash flow pro forma.
- Knowledge and understanding of EV charging technology and the competitive marketplace.
- Familiarity with various Utility & Government incentive programs for EV Charging Infrastructure.
- Customer-first approach with a relentless passion to improve the charging experience through great, usable solutions.
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Charging & Energy Solutions
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.