Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Ergonomics Simulator provides operational support regarding ergonomics risk assessments through simulations. The position supports manufacturing engineering in the understand of ergonomics workstation/task designs, to ensure an ergonomic workplace for team members. In addition, this position supports ergonomic initiatives to reduce risk in the workplace. This position will be a key collaborator to aid on design, test, and buy off for equipment/processes before they enter the manufacturing environment. This position will be collaborating with different functional groups to identify, analyze, and bring solutions for possible ergonomic challenges.
• This is not a Passenger/Occupant Ergonomics Simulation
• Evaluate Workstations based on DELMIA Human Workplace Design and Simulation
• Utilize CAD, DELMIA, and Virtual environments to identify and solve ergonomic issues
• Support teams on the evaluation and design for existing/future workstations regarding ergonomic risks based on simulation analysis
• Participate on workshops, virtual builds, and/or buyoff events for new manufacturing equipment.
• Influence workstation design to reduce workplace risks.
• Document and maintain best practices related to Ergonomics Simulation
• Collaborate with other Ergonomic Engineers to keep Ergonomic program/system up to date
• Recommend corrective actions based on data analysis through simulation
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Manufacturing/Industrial/Mechanical/Biomedical/Human Factors/ Ergonomics (required)
• Minimum of 3+ years related work experience Prior DELMIA Human Workplace Design and Simulation experience.
• Ergonomics experience in manufacturing
• Knowledge of ergonomic risk assessments: RULA, NIOSH lifting equation, Snook Tables, Fatigue Analysis, OCRA, SI, HAL, 3DSSPP, Biomechanical analysis, OWAS Anthropometric tables, Duty Cycle Equation, and other Ergonomic Tools.
• Able to understand complex manufacturing environments and able to communicate with different functional groups with diverse interests and backgrounds.
• Familiarity with data and root cause analysis techniques.
• Understanding of incident and injury prevention programs.
• Ability to work varied hours
• Must be self-motivated with good communication skills.
• Must be organized.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-cultural, team-oriented environment.
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point.
• Associate Ergonomics Professional (AEP) or eligible (desired)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.