Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
A vehicle dynamics expert with experience in both damper development and calibration of active anti-roll systems.
- Work with suppliers on hardware development, providing feedback on current performance and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Define and organize testing programs that provide detailed objective and subjective information to the rest of the organization
- Instrument vehicles prior to testing and operate data acquisition systems
- Conduct performance tests, collecting objective data with a view to make data driven engineering decisions.
- Benchmark competitive vehicles, record relevant information and refine Rivian’s target metrics
- Create and manage the system level simulation models in Matlab/Simulink, and assist with their integration in to the full vehicle model
- Work with the controls organization to develop and calibrate semi-active damping algorithms
- Utilize full vehicle simulation models to optimize the development of the vehicle platform by running “what-if” scenarios based around dynamic performance
- Define and perform correlation activities to ensure model predictions are accurate
- Communicate cross-functionally with the Chassis, Powertrain, Body, Interior and Controls teams to improve the integration of the vehicle subsystems into one harmonized driving experience
- Work hard, exceed expectations, challenge industry conventions, and relentlessly strive to make truly exceptional products
- B.S. or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in automotive Chassis development / vehicle dynamics
- Experience developing semi-active damping controls
- Hands-on attitude, ability align and set-up the vehicle for testing
- A solid understanding of the core concepts of vehicle dynamics
- Full vehicle simulation experience
- Detail-oriented personality
- Competent using data acquisition systems
- Proficient in writing test specifications, instrumenting vehicles and executing efficient vehicle tests
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.