Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Source, measure, and manage the strategic relationship with logistics providers to meet business needs for all Global Inbound part needs
- Create and manage a cohesive strategy in partnership with Business Operations related to Global Finished Vehicle logistics
- Develop and execute a strategic vision for the Packaging commodity needed to support in-house manufacturing and supplier partner parts
- Create and leverage strong business and professional relationships with strategic suppliers and industry players to influence their supply chain capabilities, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Rely upon experience and best practice to develop innovative ways to manage and measure suppliers for continuous improvement
- Effectively utilize program and project management tools and techniques
- Effectively manage multiple competing projects and deadlines
- 3+ years relevant experience with strategic sourcing of logistics products in a complex import/export environment. Automotive and start-up experience strongly preferred
- Experienced with sourcing suppliers and negotiating key contracts.
- Impactful, clear communication skills: written, oral, and presentational
- Strong understanding of logistics pricing models and industry trends (air, parcel, ground, ocean, customs brokerage), industry regulations, and best practices.
- Ability to identify compliance and regulatory risks
- Highly organized and demonstrated ability as a strategic thinker. Ability to prioritize multiple projects, develop effective plans, coordinate change management, and see projects through to conclusion
- BA / BS degree in business administration, finance, or equivalent (required)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.