Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Strong analytical skills, desire to probe facts, identify and question assumptions, and analyze issues from different perspectives.
1. Examine Adaptive Planning finance model versions and cost structures to identify areas of opportunity, data variances, calculated formula and business process improvements.
2. Monitor forecast workflows to ensure the FP&A team are producing high quality products to meet corporate service expectations and reporting deadlines.
3. Actively engage with the finance stakeholders to ensure that questions are answered, and all tasks are performed to business user expectations.
4. Provide monthly Enterprise Performance Management analysis reports for financial close, data integration consolidations, report outputs and business process improvements.
- Monitor team deliverables for productivity, quality and goal accomplishments
- Review and monitor workflow processes for forecasting of weekly and monthly financial report outlooks
- Collaborate with the implementation consultants to expedite the timeline of the overall project plans
- Provide strategy and support of financial performance reporting and analysis for product development, facilities and customer service sites
- Collaborate with stake holders to standardize metrics and financial system architectures, forecast workflow streams and maintenance end state
- Review and make recommendations each month for continuous improvement of financial processes, Workday Adaptive Planning workflows and reporting environments
- Evaluate opportunity to migrate existing Excel-based reporting to enterprise reporting applications
- Manage any finance specific source tools, integrations and reports that link financial data from disparate systems
- Coordinate and drive Agile user acceptance testing to make recommendations around solution adoption and change management to prepare the business for system readiness
- Ad hoc technology enhancements as needed
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 4-year degree in finance or 6 years of equivalent experience in finance data model design and master data management with an enterprise resource planning system.
- Good understanding of financial and accounting concepts as well as ERP systems
- Working knowledge of general accounting, income statement, balance sheet, standard cost accounting, revenue model and cost systems.
- Proven ability to build partnerships with both corporate stake holders and IT staff
- Strong communicator with ability to partner at the most senior levels of the finance organization and build relationships with internal stakeholders
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, advanced business acumen mindset
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication written and verbal skills
- Proficiency with the Workday Adaptive Planning and Microsoft 365 suite of enterprise products
- Advanced knowledge of relational database and data management concepts
- Ability to learn new systems and technology quickly
- Exposure to Atlassian JIRA / Confluence and SmartSheets software a plus
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
- Department: Finance
- Location: Irvine, CA or Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.