Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will drive vehicle occupant packaging activities from initial concept through production. You will be responsible for all aspects of ergonomics and human factors development across multiple vehicle systems.
- Define key occupant dimensional targets
- Create and maintain digital human analog models
- Analyze vehicle designs to ensure compliance with ergonomics requirements
- Perform benchmarking analyses and maintain database of dimensional benchmarks
- Coordinate and operate user clinics to evaluate ergonomics and human factors performance
- Conduct physical tests and measurement procedures to validate occupant positioning
- Work hard, exceed expectations, challenge industry conventions, and relentlessly strive to make truly exceptional products
- B.S. or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in automotive human factors engineering, including at least one full product lifecycle from concept through production
- Comprehensive understanding of occupant packaging standards and guidelines
- Working knowledge of regulatory and certification requirements
- Experience with standard 3D CAD software such as CATIA V5 or V6
- Experience with anthropometric modeling softrware such as Ramsis, Jack or within CATIA: ECA packaging, Human Modeler
- Experience with CAVA is a plus
- Working Hours: Standard (8am – 5pm)
- Travel Requirements of Position: At least once per quarter
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.