Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will drive vehicle system-level and component-level packaging activities from initial concept through production. You will collaborate with subsystem engineers to instill packaging feasibility within the primary zone of a vehicle architecture.
- Identify interference conditions / feasibility issues and develop countermeasures
- Create kinematic models and generate 3D clearance envelopes
- Create, assign, and manage packaging issues and conduct regular packaging review meetings
- Perform benchmarking analyses and maintain database of dimensional benchmarks
- Assist with general arrangement drawing creation and master section development
- Analyze Class A surfaces and work iteratively with designers to instill production feasibility and ensure coordination with interrelated vehicle systems
- Work hard, exceed expectations, challenge industry conventions, and relentlessly strive to make truly exceptional products
- B.S. or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 6+ years of experience in automotive packaging, including at least one full product lifecycle from concept through production
- Comprehensive understanding of functional vehicle systems and corresponding design principles
- Working knowledge of regulatory and certification requirements
- Experience with standard 3D CAD software such as CATIA V5 or V6
- Working Hours: Standard (8am – 5pm)
- Travel Requirements of Position: At least once per quarter
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.