Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As a Program Manager in Operations Development, you will be developing service processes and standard procedures to achieve operational excellence across multiple domains. You are a champion for continuous improvement and will nurture this culture while working with different cross-functional teams and key program stakeholders to drive process improvements as a common goal.
- Work in collaboration with field operations team to define and develop service process, standardization, and documentation
- Develop thorough documentation of business rules, workflows, processes, best practice, and program guidelines for service operations
- Identify, quantify, and execute service process improvement plans to drive quality, efficiency, productivity, safety, utilization, and cost reduction.
- Analyze operational data insights to identify areas of process improvement and develop countermeasures to resolve any operational deficiency
- Utilize data analytics or BI tools to monitor service operations performance with the ability to conduct root-cause analysis in conjunction with Service business insights
- Create monthly and quarterly reports to track operations performance metrics
- Utilize the reporting insights and work with cross-functional teams to develop in-depth analysis to achieve operational excellence
- Develop continuous improvement strategy to constantly review service process and improve operational efficiency and productivity
- Create closed loop feedback process and enable team members to be effective and efficient by implementing business tools and processes
- Implement service process in collaboration with field operations, mobile service, and service engineering team
- Drive projects across stakeholders and proactively seek feedback, recommendation, and consensus
- 7+ years of experience in automotive, OEM or Tier 1 Supplier with technical field experience emphasis on service operations, quality management or parts operations
- 3+ years of project or program management experience. PMP certification is a plus
- Bachelor of Science Degree in related engineering or operations management discipline, such as industrial engineering
- Holistic understanding of service center operations, collision repair procedures, tooling, parts operation, service engineering, government regulatory compliance, and service system development
- Experience in automotive or technology sector working with cross-functional team, managing programs, and process development
- Strong workflow development skill sets to transform complex processes into business requirement documentations
- Experience with industry standard problem-solving methodologies and quality engineering theories such as LEAN and Six Sigma principles
- Knowledgeable in JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheet or MS Project. Advanced level MS Office and Tableau preferred. Process simulation experience is a plus
- Strong team player, excellent interpersonal communication skills, and detail oriented
- Experience in startup environment or technology sector is a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% of the time
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.