Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Commercial Technical Training Instructor role requires someone with exceptional ability to assess needs, develop & deliver appropriate training solutions, and build strong working relationships. Individuals must be creative, proactive, organized, flexible, results-oriented, and have a passion for and understanding electric vehicles. They must have outstanding communication, facilitation, and organizational skills while demonstrating a positive and professional demeanor. The Commercial Technical Training Instructor will be responsible for ensuring our commercial products have the proper training required for internal and 3rd party team members.
- Support developing needed training skills and curriculum that supports Rivian commercial products – commercial delivery vehicles and future products
- Support both the service L&D team and collision L&D team with commercial training content
- Partner with leadership to identify training and development needs in relation to commercial products
- Develop and conduct collision training content to support 3rd party collision network on commercial products
- Develop and conduct technical training content to support internal Rivian team members on commercial products.
- Provide ongoing training and development support to ensure a problem-solving mindset is applied and effectively utilized.
- Provide service specific training to internal Rivian staff on commercial electric vehicles equipped with complex automotive/electromechanical systems (powertrain, passive restraint system, steering/suspension/brakes, thermal management).
- Provide specific & general training on high voltage DC systems.
- Develop and deliver technical training solutions equipping service employees to perform roles safely and to Rivian EH&S standards.
- Maintain expert knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools, and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles.
- Develop training in close consultation with support teams (collision engineering, Field Service Engineering)
- Manage the operations of the commercial training program including, but not limited to: training schedule, inventory maintenance, facilities management, daily operations, etc.
- Degree from a University, Certificate program in Automotive Technology, or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Proactive, flexible, confident, professional, and self-directed in a fast-paced environment.
- Thrives working independently and also able to contribute strongly as a member of a high performing team.
- Strong ability to collaborate and serve as a partner/consultant to service leadership and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex problem-solving activities and initiatives.
- Strong facilitation and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated confidence and professionalism in working in a customer-facing role.
- Tech savvy – able to expertly use a full suite of office and learning technologies
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
Even Better If [A Plus]:
- Valid Passport for international travel
- Experienced technician and/or technical training facilitator
- Strong automotive system repair knowledge and training experience.
- Strong commercial / industrial repair experience
- Ability to read, interpret, and explain mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Experience with environmental and safety requirements a plus.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.