Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Manager, Access Control will be responsible for Rivian’s physical security access control program. You will own the gatekeeping, customer facing, function of our team - everything from credentialing to visitor management. You’ll drive operational efficiencies and process controls to ensure a frictionless experience for all of our employees, contractors, and guests. While no two days will end up looking the same, generally speaking you’ll be responsible for the following things:
- Define, build, and mature Rivian’s access control team from the ground up
- Roll up your sleeves and jump in – you’ll be the first in role, so you’ll be very hands and tactical while you build your team
- Strengthen a team of seasoned access control specialists focused on managing physical access to our facilities
- Ensure proper credentialing and physical access control of our employees, contractors, and guests
- Create policies, procedures, reports, and controls that support our business needs
- Implement scalable processes and technology to maximize your team’s effectiveness
- Maintain exceptional hygiene of our access control datasets
- Foster close collaboration with partners in Facilities, Production, Legal, Investigations, ER, and HR
- Regularly report program metrics, KPIs, and key datasets to senior leadership
Some teams have strict requirements about certifications, degrees, and things like that. Not us! We’re more interested in the unique perspectives and expertise you’ll bring to the team, rather than acronyms on your resume. However, you’ll be much more likely to be successful in this role if these bullet points seem like a good description of you:
- You’ve been leading a physical security access control team for a while now, probably in the realm of 10+ years
- You have a deep understanding of physical and digital card technologies
- You're wicked good at portrait photography and graphic design
- You’ve hired lots of people for physical security access control roles before and can pick out phenomenal talent from the crowd
- Every team you’ve led has gotten high marks for performance and job satisfaction
- You frequently get praise from your peers and coworkers about your communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have effective methods to handle stress and pressure, even in high intensity or emotionally charged situations and environments
- You're meticulous and demand perfection
- You love to travel; always eager to jump at your next adventure
- This isn’t your first rodeo - you’ve built similar programs at EV (Electric Vehicle) or tech companies in the past
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.