Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As a Senior Test and Validation Data Engineer, you’ll work closely with our Data Pipeline team to build the necessary tools to support consumption and formatting of ADAS vehicle data. You will be responsible for deep diving into building out our tool chain to identify relationships between vehicle level data points and support real time analysis as data is being ingested.
- Develop and maintain custom comprehensive software tools to analyze ADAS data through our pipeline ingestion model
- Determine and communicate toolchain software requirements to meet Test and Validation Team goals as well as cross-functional dependencies
- Develop algorithms around automotive industry standard data formats
- Work as an integral part of the test team providing data driven input to optimize testing goals as well as interfacing with in-vehicle logging system specialists
- Participate in root cause analysis of test failures
- Assist in troubleshooting issues found during testing
- S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Working knowledge of automotive communication protocols (CAN, Ethernet)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Good team player with great communication skills
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from development validation to a verified product
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Hands-on approach: Proactively identifies and fills in gaps where needed
- Experience with ADAS features a plus
- Experience with UI/UX
- Experience with ReTool platform
- Experience in automotive or similar applications
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.