Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Be the primary resource for answering questions related to AdHoc shipments
- Assist with project move execution – clarify requirements, leverage packaging, dangerous goods, and trade teams to confirm special requirements, coordinate transportation with forwarders, and see project to completion
- Provide additional dangerous goods support as needed – classify shipments and generate documentation, provide guidance to warehouse personnel, and assist with training.
- Execute vehicle moves with pre-selected carrier base – support will be limited to events with unique/non-standard requirements.
- Support transportation activities for the charging and service networks – assist with process development and with shipment execution
- Assist with development of transportation services in support of retail and e-commerce operations.
- Provide transportation support for Residential Energy Storage teams.
- Create process documentation for non-standard shipments
- Support the broader logistics team by ensuring members maintain proper certifications commensurate with their job function.
- Develop and maintain lists of supplies enabled to support AdHoc team
- Provide oversight on condition of returnable crates, and work with supplier packaging team to develop conditions as well as process for repairs and replacements.
- Anticipate challenges and disruptions to transportation flow and design mitigation strategies.
- Drive company compliance with logistics processes and global trade regulations.
- This is primarily a tactical role focused on execution and operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics/Transportation, or equivalent experience is required
- 3+ years of experience within a logistics analyst role, or equivalent.
- Flexibility to think strategically and act tactically
- Ability to gain trust and communicate constructively with stakeholders across the organization to resolve complicated issues while enforcing compliance.
- In-depth understanding of domestic shipment execution, as well as experience with shipping Dangerous Goods and/or Hazardous Materials.
- Experience working within a Transportation Management System (TMS), hands-on experience with SAP is a plus.
- Ability to effectively work within a team, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities in a culture of rapid change.
- Creative problem-solving skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Passion for developing and managing a transparent culture and cross-departmental relationships.
- Exceptional communication skills: written, oral, and presentational/educational.
- Strong knowledge of multi-modal (air, parcel, ground, ocean) logistics operations.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.