Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
We are looking for a Vendor Operations Manager for our Charging and Energy team who will work cross functionally to evaluate, onboard, and manage a multitude of vendors. This self-starter will need to understand core business operations and have vendor management experience.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work with our Energy and Charging team and purchasing department to identify and onboard critical vendors
- Monitor and manage vendor workload across ongoing projects to ensure we meet contractual requirements and drive successful relationships with vendors
- Drive cross-functionally alignment on vendor selection, work awards, and work balancing across vendor base
- Monitor vendor pricing across projects and groups
- Assist in procurement of ad-hoc items as necessary
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 3+ years of vendor management experience
- Experience working with procurement and business teams
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, math, science, or equivalent experience
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to handle conflict to solve ambiguous, cross-functional problems
- Strong interpersonal skills, resiliency, and ability to lead with data and action, not ego
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Location: Palo Alto or Irvine. CA; Plymouth, MI
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.