Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Responsible for Driveunit and driveline system engineering and release for multiple vehicle applications
- Manage and lead medium to large teams to design and develop the powertrain system of electric vehicles
- Lead the design of driveline systems from concept to production release to meet vehicle level requirements including cost, timing, mass, performance, and durability
- Develop and mature concepts and advanced designs following design creation process
- Collaboratively work with other cross-functional teams to define system level targets and interfaces
- Provide technical support and system analysis for root cause analysis of development issues
- Provide professional reports and documentation for the system with information provided by design responsible engineers
- Responsible for leading team to create high quality designs to meet system and vehicle level
- Responsible for the execution and delivery of design releases, DFMEA, DFA, and System and Component Specifications.
- Develop employee development plans
This is what you’ll need:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering with a minimum 10 years of relevant experience in design and development of powertrain systems required. At least 2 years of this experience with a focus on electric drivetrain systems preferred.
- Experience in management and leadership of teams of at least 4
- High level of technical understanding in the following areas: Electrical powertrains, driveline systems and component design of gears, bearings, and housings.
- Be able to interpret and review technical drawings, GD&T, and tolerance stacks
- An understanding of manufacturing methods and processes used in powertrain and driveline components
- An understanding on how to interpret and mature a product with results from structural NVH and FEA
- Working knowledge and experience in DFMEA process related to powertrain components and systems
- The ability to prioritize tasks, lead, coach, and mentor a technical team
- Basic CAD knowledge, including ability to review designs within CATIA
- The ability to lead and motivate effectively in a cross functional group setting with accountability.
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial attitude with desire to learn and expand your knowledge and capability
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Powertrain Engineering
Location: Plymouth, MI or Irvine,CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.