Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Manager, Technical Security – Maintenance will be responsible for the health and maintenance of Rivian’s physical security infrastructure. You will own the post-install lifecycle of our physical security hardware by leveraging internal and external teams to help maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and/or replace critical components - everything from the headend to the field devices. While no two days will end up looking the same, generally speaking you’ll be responsible for the following things:
- Define, build, and mature Rivian’s technical security maintenance team from the ground up
- Roll up your sleeves and jump in – you’ll be the first in role, so you’ll be very hands and tactical while you build your team
- Strengthen a team of seasoned physical security coordinators, technicians, and integrators focused on maintaining the hardware that secures our people, places, and things
- Ensure operational availability and preventative maintenance of all physical security hardware
- Implement scalable processes and technology to maximize your team’s effectiveness
- Foster close collaboration with partners in Facilities, Production, and IT
- Regularly report program metrics, KPIs, and key datasets to senior leadership
Some teams have strict requirements about certifications, degrees, and things like that. Not us! We’re more interested in the unique perspectives and expertise you’ll bring to the team, rather than acronyms on your resume. However, you’ll be much more likely to be successful in this role if these bullet points seem like a good description of you:
- You’ve been leading a technical security maintenance team for a while now, probably in the realm of 10+ years
- Low voltage electronics are your jam. You can fix anything using a multimeter, a screwdriver, and a pair of snips
- You have pride and appreciation for stellar cable management and a well-dressed can
- You’ve hired lots of people for physical security maintenance roles before and can pick out phenomenal talent from the crowd
- You’re really, really, good at fixing things and probably equally as good at breaking them. At the end of the day you know exactly how things work
- Every team you’ve led has gotten high marks for performance and job satisfaction
- You frequently get praise from your peers and coworkers about your communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have effective methods to handle stress and pressure, even in high intensity or emotionally charged situations and environments
- You're meticulous and demand perfection
- You love to travel; always eager to jump at your next adventure
- This isn’t your first rodeo - you’ve built similar programs at EV (Electric Vehicle) or tech companies in the past
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.