Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As Technical Project Lead – Chassis, you will be an integral part of the team with responsibility to manage the operational delivery of all aspects of the Chassis systems for vehicle programs. This will be achieved through strong indirect working relationships with both the Chassis and Vehicle Dynamics engineering team but also purchasing, quality, manufacturing and all other engineering departments.
- Coordinate delivery of Chassis and Vehicle Dynamics Features and Systems working cross functionally with manufacturing, engineering, and suppliers
- Ensure cross-functional alignment of the product plan, system part data and BoM structure to ensure accuracy
- Plan and track the appropriate resource to deliver the programs including the management of all indirect services
- Own the planning and delivery of all Chassis systems in adherence to Rivian processes for Requirements Capture, DFMEA, DVP&R, Functional Safety and Integration Testing
- Lead the commercial reporting tools for invest expenditure, BoM status, Risk and Opportunities, Supplier Nomination Plan
- Communicate directly with the Vehicle Line Director reporting status of Chassis and Vehicle Dynamics deliverables to the business
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or in a similar field
- Over 5 years of experience within the automotive industry, ideally OEM or Tier 1
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a high level of integrity
- Proven knowledge of automotive design and development processes to successfully develop and launch a vehicle into production
- Good working knowledge of all Chassis systems within a vehicle platform
- Ability to report and report information concisely to senior management
- Strong knowledge of supplier processes, manufacturing and standards
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.