Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Lead Engineering Visualization Technology strategy development and implementation
- Develop and implement BOM management tools and processes
- Develop, implement, and support visualization tools and technical infrastructure
- Integrate virtual reality / augmented reality systems into the product development process
- Develop tools and methodology for presenting engineering data in photorealistic environments
- Drive visualization innovation throughout the Engineering community
- Research emerging visualization technologies and define use-cases for implementation projects
- Develop, implement, and support tools and methods to ensure quality and integrity of CAD data and product information configurations
- Manage internal data repositories and exchange of information with partner companies
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Advanced knowledge of CAD systems, PLM systems, and software development
- Domain functional knowledge in BOM Management, product configuration, and change management
- Knowledge of advanced visualization and modeling tools such as Rhino, Speedform, and VRED
- Experience with Virtual Reality hardware and software
- Experience with large-scale projection display equipment
- Applied knowledge of the vehicle development process
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver a high-quality results
- Works well in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Detail-oriented with strong communication and time management skills
- Working Hours - Full time
- Travel Requirements of Position – Limited (once per quarter)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.