Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian’s connectivity team is responsible for all vehicle communications to the outside world. We are looking for a hardworking, highly motivated developer with 5+ years experience in embedded platform to design and develop software to build the foundation of our Rivian in-vehicle cloud experience. As a member of connectivity team, you will have the chance to create protocols to talk to other vehicle components, as well as the communication to the cloud. You will collaborate with other vehicle teams to craft solution for a particular problem.
- BS/MS degree in computer science or electrical engineering
- System level design and implementation for embedded platforms
- Proficiency in C and C++
- In depth knowledge of all the network protocols
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience in designing scalable software
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Comfortable with complex system, fast paced environments
- Experience in delivering high-volume consumer products
- Experience in automotive space
- Understanding of certification management, key exchange and OpenSSL library
- Knowledge of various DB technologies
- Coding skills in Python and shell script are preferred
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.