Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
We are looking for a Financial Analyst for our Charging and Energy team who will work cross-functionally to evaluate project level financials. This self-starter will need to understand core business operations and financials to ensure projects meet goals.
This is what you’ll do:
- Help channel teams develop financial models for individual projects / opportunities
- Ensure models are light weight and can be leveraged by the business development team(s)
- Support iteration throughout the sales cycle running multiple scenarios and reporting on the subsequent impacts to the proejct financials
- Analyze financial data and provide forecasting support
- Analyze and interpret all contractual requirements
- Provide training to customer teams with all details regarding project finance, provide support as required
- Identify all issues related to margin variances and notify program managers on potential risks
- Prepare and submit accurate reports on all major issues and monitor customer commitments for all project financials
This is what you’ll need:
- 2+ years of financial analytics experiences
- First-hand experience creating financial models for projects
- Experience working with business development and external customer teams
- Bachelor’s degree in business (Engineering, Math, Science) or equivalent experience, MBA preferred
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to handle conflict to solve ambiguous, cross-functional problems
- Strong interpersonal skills, resiliency, and ability to lead with data and action, not ego
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Palo Alto or Irvine. CA; Plymouth, MI
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.