Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As a Deep Learning Manager, you will lead a team of deep learning engineers to develop advanced machine learning algorithms that will directly impact safety and self-driving features for Rivian vehicles. The Deep Learning team is responsible to develop models for a wide range of algorithms including 2D and 3D object detection, scene classification and free space estimation on various sensors placed around the vehicle. The team is also responsible to create the infrastructure needed for data mining, training, and validation.
- You will be responsible to set the technical direction for the team and ensure successful implementation of algorithms on Rivian vehicle programs
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders in systems, controls, cloud, simulation, embedded s/w, test/validation teams to ensure coordinated development to align on priorities and milestones for successful integration.
- Stay informed on the latest developments in research as well as industry processor/sensor product roadmaps to set future direction that will impact self-driving features on our next-gen vehicles.
- Define key metrics/KPIs and monitor implementation to ensure we meet our safety goals
- Build a team of diverse high performing individuals, provide mentorship to the team with technical guidance and career growth opportunities as well as coach members to ensure they accomplish their career’s best work at Rivian.
- MS. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical, Robotics, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of combined experience as a deep learning engineer and Manager.
- 1+ years of experience as Manager.
- Research, development and productization experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Detection and classification of objects, signs, pedestrians etc
- Semantic/panoptic segmentation
- Optimizing and deploying inference on embedded processors
- Experience with defining annotation work-flow and quality control
- Data mining tools from vehicle sensor logs at scale
- Experience with frameworks such as Pytorch, TensorFlow, ONNX, MxNet, CUDA.
- Ability to maintain execution of long-term strategic goals for team while balancing near-term execution on multiple projects across different vehicle programs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Good team player with great communication skills
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from R&D phase to a product
- Proven track record in hiring and building a team of high performing engineers
- Experience leading projects with strict timelines and launching products
- Experience in productizing deep learning applications in automotive domain
- Software development for safety critical systems (ISO 26262)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.