Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As an Environmental Graphics Designer for Facilities, you’ll be part of a team that conceptualizes, designs and builds all physical touchpoints of Rivian’s brand - from workplace to retail to production and everything in between. We are looking for a creative with signage and wayfinding design experience who wants to be part of an adventurous team. One who is a collaborative, innovative, and loves wearing many different design hats. We want someone who wants to build the Rivian brand with us by discovering different ways to express how we “keep the world adventurous forever.”
- Develop wayfinding and signage projects from start to finish, including site and plan analysis, creating sign location plans, new sign design concepts, and signage guidelines.
- Assist in creating signage and wayfinding playbooks and standards that can be implemented and scaled globally
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and the design team to support projects in planning, master planning, urban design, pedestrian movement, and user experience within the built environment.
- Review brand-related drawings, design details, finish samples, hardware and equipment specifications to ensure proper coordination of design intent and execution
- Ensure that the entire scope per project meets budget. Value engineer designs, if needed, to stay within budget and schedule.
- Specify finishes, substrates, and production methods for both print and environmental designs
- Create elevations, sketches, and illustrations to convey design intent
- Manage external vendors and consultants to ensure a project meets budget, schedule, and quality through project completion.
- 8+ years of brand or environmental graphic design experience
- A college degree in graphic design, communication arts, architecture, interior design or directly related field
- Understanding of fabrication methods, building codes, and materiality
- Strong portfolio demonstrating built environmental graphics and branding systems
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and visual
- Strong sense of scale and familiarity with architectural elevations and plans
- Ability to integrate messaging, color, imagery into 3D built environments
- Strong attention to detail
- Be resourceful, innovative and proactive and have the ability to work in a team environment, under tight deadlines
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.